Friday, August 2, 2013

Quick hit

The past racing season would have been a great year to document through the process but unfortunately I was too busy writing in my dream journal instead of this blog. Last year was full of unbelievable highs and my fair share of soul crushing lows. Highlights and lowlights include: finishing last in the Canmore World Cup 15km Classic, having the best race of my life two days later in the World Cup Skate sprint and finishing 9th (qualifying 2nd), missing the World Championships qualifying, racing overseas in Norway and Finland (highlight), racing overseas in Norway and Finland (lowlight), defending the Team Sprint National title with Brent, missing the podium in the individual sprint at Canadian Nationals, and winning the overall Haywood NorAm title. Erratic and over-dramatic capture that eclectic mix of results and happenings pretty well. Through it all I've come away with a sense of encouragement and excitement at what I'm capable of and that the work I've been doing with my teammates is leading us down the right path. I'll let the photos do most of the talking with this post, no promises on better maintenance of this blog's current news but I'll try. A huge THANKS to my supporters last season; Russell at E. Grubens Transport, Jamie at Nuna Logistics, Dr. Suzanne Perkins, and Shades on Caribou. I'm so grateful for your support and I look forward to another great year of working together!

No comments:

Post a Comment